This article provides simple steps for how to transfer video hd movies, songs from ipod to computer and laptop with simple 10 steps. It also explains transferring of albums, selfie and music from ipod to itunes and reverse of it.
How to copy video songs from your ipod to a new computer & itunes
Apple has many varieties of ipods like ipod touch, ipod shuffle, ipod nano and ipod classic. Many older ipods are allowing transfer of video movies from computer to ipod. But it becomes very difficult when you want to transfer song video from ipod to computer itunes and ipod to ipod. It make awkward when your laptop is formatted or hard disk fail. Or you want to transfer video hd movies from ipod to ipod.
This hub assumes you are using a Microsoft windows operating system. It may possible that one or two steps may vary for different windows. But overall process remains the same. It is very difficult to transfer file to new computer from ipod when you don’t have access to old computer.
Follow these simple Steps for transfer video songs file from ipod to computer
Make sure your ipod is set up for disk use. For ipod nano 7th generation. Press sleep and home button until apple logo appear. Then press volume up and down button until ipod nano enter in disk mode.
For click wheel iPod, press and hold menu and select button for 8 sec until apple logo appear. Then release menu and select button and press and hold play and select button until ipod enter in disk mode.
- Open my computer in windows vista and in windows 10 open this pc icon.
- Find your ipod device under the list of drives. This is show within drive and folders.
- On windows vista, go to organize, or on Windows xp, go to Preferences.
- To select show hidden folders. Click the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click ok.
- in windows10 to show hidden files and folders. Click on control panel, clicking appearance and personalization, and then clicking folder options.
- Ipod is detected as a drive within your computer. Open ipod drive.
- Then open the folder entitled ipod control under ipod drive.
- Go into the music folder or video song or movie folder that you want to transfer.
- Select all of the folders in it and select copy from the organize menu on windows vista or the sidebar on Windows xp.
- Paste the files into your itunes folder.
- after the transfer completes, if it is necessary re install itunes latest version.
- Once you see your files in itunes, it is safe to sync your ipod.
I hope this process will help you to transfer music video hd movies songs from ipod to computer and itunes and also from computer to ipod video music transfer.
I am a home content writer. I have created ipod blog to provide free information about ipod.This author has published 1 articles so far.