Renovation is the best thing that you can offer your home, whether it is kitchen, basement or bathroom. But it needs a lot of homework to make the renovation project a complete success. Because renovating a bathroom is one of the big investments as well as time consuming job. Even a small mistake can lead to lot of disappointments breaking your bank. So, here are few points to consider ensuring that your project stays on track and the renovation runs smoothly.
Checklists to Consider For a Bathroom Redesign
1. Budget – You might have heard a lot of horror stories about bathroom remodeling that ballooned in time and budget. Don’t fear, it is possible to tackle this if you follow a simple rule. Be constant on how much you want to spend for the bathroom remodel. Setting a budget prior starting will guide you to make decisions about what to include and what not to. Never give up your choice after planning the budget.
2. Time – Most people assume that bathroom remodeling in Denver Co takes a few days or even less time. But this is not true. Depending on the items and models you choose, time varies. Timing not only include the renovation works but also the intermediate steps including ordering and purchasing tiles, fixtures, cabinets and availability of materials.
3. Hidden Problems – Always be prepared for unexpected damages and jot it down in your budget. Depending on the age of your home, you may encounter different types of hidden problems. If your home is older, you may encounter water damage, improper vented plumbing, old corroded plumbing and more.
4. Design and Style – Your design and style should work hand in hand for a perfect result. A Victorian bathroom would look outdated in a ranch-style home, so plan it accordingly. There are many factors to consider including paint color, tiles, vanities, showers, tubs etc.. So spare few moments to think how your bathroom design will fit with the rest of your home.
5. Contractor – You must and should hire a contractor even for a small job. Going with DIY may cost you more in future. A good bathroom remodeling contractor in Denver can plan the design of your bathroom and also get all the materials and supplies on time. They have all types of technologies to deal with unexpected problems.
Other things you must consider are plumbing fixtures, cabinets, storages and shelving, walls and flooring, lighting, ventilation and more.
The author of this article is an experienced bathroom remodeling contractor in Denver and also a popular writer. He is fond of writing about home remodeling ideas. Read all of his articles and get ideas for your next remodeling.
Vista Remodeling is a professional remodeling company based on Denver, Colorado. We started our contracting business in 1999 and expanded with kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and home renovation projects. Our services include home improvement, remodeling kitchen and bathrooms, granite countertop and basement finishing. We provide complete solution for home renovation in Denver. We value our customers and offer 12 months contractor guarantee for all our services and special discounts.This author has published 6 articles so far.