eLearning is the new training norm in business organizations, owing to its accessibility, immersive nature, portability and cost effectiveness. Irrespective of the size of the business organization, eLearning can benefit both employees and employers in creating a well-trained and productive work space.
While most of the times these eLearning training sessions are pre-planned, pre-scheduled and descriptive in nature, sometimes situations arise when short and concise training resources are instantly required. Popularly known as rapid eLearning, it is a type of learning process that focusses on quicker turnaround times, shorter course durations and cheaper resources. In this article we are going to discuss the various benefits of this popular learning process and also list out a few tips for eLearning professionals to improvise their rapid eLearning development processes.
3 Major Benefits of Rapid eLearning
• It is a lifesaver during emergency situations, since the course materials are concise and simpler, thus reducing the overall turnaround time.
• Rapid eLearning courses are normally delivered in simpler formats, such as PowerPoint presentations and videos. This eliminates the need of a developer to program complex delivery platforms.
• Owing to its simplistic nature, any type of learning material can be converted into a rapid eLearning course, thus reducing the overall cost of the course.
Tips to Improve Your Rapid eLearning Development Process
Subject matter experts (SME) and instructional designers (ID) can follow the below mentioned tips to improvise their rapid eLearning development process.
1. To begin with, it is necessary that the budget and time constraints of the courses are reviewed by the team. This review will help them in deciding the right kind of authoring tools and approach they need.
2. Content is the life of any learning material and it is necessary that both subject matter experts and instructional designers understand the learning objectives of the course, so that they can develop and design the learning material accordingly.
3. The next step in the rapid eLearning development process is to understand the various tools available and the ways they can be effectively used to create a meaningful course within a short period of time. Once you are comfortable with the use of these tools, the course can be developed in no time.
4. Since these courses are supposed to be short and concise, both subject matter experts and instructional designers should collaborate during the rapid eLearning development process to develop something that is short yet immersive, simple yet visually stunning. Use of immersive content and visual aids like infographics and videos makes learning a lot easier and faster.
5. Pre-designed templates which have tailor made content structure and layouts can be used at the last moment, so that content can be built on these templates within hours or days. Minor modifications can also be made to these templates to suit the required learning objectives and output.
6. Lastly, to successfully complete the rapid eLearning development process, it is advised to run the final draft of course on various digital platforms and devices to check for accessibility, portability and convenience.
Tesseract Learning Pvt. Ltd., one of the leading eLearning companies based in India, with extensive experience as an outsourcing partner offers custom eLearning development, mobile learning, rapid learning, performance support solutions, and localisation services using a variety of learning aids.
I'm A Freelance Writer.This author has published 3 articles so far.