As we all know that having a mobile-friendly web design is more important than ever nowadays. Everyone wants a website that is well optimized for mobile devices, in order to convert better, rank higher and increase consumer loyalty. Also, it is not just the present day’s requirement, even Google recommends to have a website which is mobile-friendly and delivers the better experience to its users.
In the wake of Google’s mobile-friendly update, the fresh debates have started upon the best ways to optimize your website for mobile. Technology experts say that there are plenty of strategies that you can adapt to address the requirements of your mobile audiences, out which most acceptable ways are separate mobile website, adaptive design, responsive design, or even a mobile application. However, with all these options, it seems quiet tough to decide which way to adopt, so that it suits your business and also makes maximum impact on the audiences.
On the other hand, for most websites, the best solution is responsive design. This web design is an approach of laying-out and coding a website in a manner that it renders an optimal viewing experience such as ease of reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices right from desktop computers to mobile devices.
Whereas, if we talk about the scenario before the proliferation of mobile devices with advanced web-browsing capability, web designers used to face the challenge to keep the same look and feel of their websites in various desktop computer browsers. But, with the emergence of this advanced responsive web design technology, it has become much easier for web designers to offer similar experience across all platforms.
Now the companies providing responsive web design services ensure that all the elements of the website including navigation, screen-layouts, content, images, audio, video, information architecture and other related user interface components are flexible enough to re-adjust themselves on a variety of devices, browsers and resolutions. Thus, one does not have to spend extra time and money in creating and maintaining different version of single website. Moreover, the cost of creating a responsive website is somewhat more than making a conventional website, but still it is quiet low compared to creating and maintaining its various versions for several platforms as here the expenses to duplicate a website for mobile and other devices gets completely eliminated, which in result trims down the total development costs.
We had enough information about responsive web designs, so now let’s have a quick look at few reasons to have a responsive website design.
• Better Cross-Device Experience- As we all know that customers do not use just one device to access your website. They browse your website from various browsers and devices as per their preference and ease, thus in such scenario responsive web design works and helps in providing ideal user experience.
• Google Recommends Responsive- Google data reflects that more than half of the web searches are performed on mobile devices and if your website is optimized for mobile devices than you are likely to get more traffic than any other website.
• Easier to Design and Update- Undoubtedly, responsive design is complex and requires more hardwork , but once it is done, it requires a lot less work if you need changes, design update and maintenance. When you need to make changes to your site, it’s all done in one place.
• Better for SEO Purpose- If you want your website to rank higher in both mobile and desktop searches then there is no better solution other than responsive web design. Here, you only have to manage and optimize one domain and one version of each page.
• One Stop Future Solution- A good responsive web design is a future-proof solution that works today as well as tomorrow. As technology is changing at a rapid pace, only responsive design is capable of staying longer in the market place as it meets the needs of all browsers, all devices, and all screen sizes.
Responsive web design is a collection of techniques that allow a website to adapt to the size of screen, therefore, it is not a trend any more but a must have element. It is a way forward if you are looking for the best approach to reach your targets with maximum impact.
A self-professed writer who writes articles and blogs on various technology related subjects such as web development, designing, online marketing, software, mobile innovation and many others mapping the wider picture of the digital world, its current trends and upcoming innovations. His innate passion for writing and love for technology landed him into this digital space. Nowadays, with his extensive expertise and years of experience, he manages a group of passionate and talented writers who are making their mark in the web world with their creativity.This author has published 1 articles so far.