Dental implants are an ideal choice for the long-term replacement, but how long do dental implants last? The majority of studies revealed that “Dental Implant has a long-term success rate of 95%”. But unfortunately, despite the cost of dental implants in Melbourne, many factors that affect the success rates of implants, they include: pre-existing medical conditions, rejection or functionality issues of dental implants….are more likely factors to cause an implant to fail.
Let us discuss:
Lack of Adequate Support for Dental Implant
For the implant to last longer, adequate support is required! The patient must have adequate bone in their jaw to support the dental implant.
Patients who have suffered some bone loss in addition to losing teeth must therefore undergo careful evaluation by their dental surgeon to determine their aptness for implants.
Poorly Placed Dental Implant
Poorly placed dental implants can also lead to implant failure and therefore it is important to choose the right dental implant specialist in Melbourne to carry out the procedure. Experience, expertise, training and skills really matter in this field!
Gum Disease and Bad Oral Condition
Conditions such as bad tooth decay, or gum disease can also lead to dental implant failure. So after undergoing dental implant surgery, the patients should be more attentive in their oral hygiene.
Tips to Follow After Surgery
The life expectancy of dental implant greatly depends on the composition of how to care for your implants as well as the foods to avoid during 6-8 weeks.
– Avoid excessive pressure on dental implants. Use soft bristle toothbrush
– You should only eat soft, nutritious foods for 2-4 weeks. Avoid sticky & hard to chew foods as well as try to maintain high protein diet.
– Take antibiotics and pain relief pills as prescribed by the doctor
– Rinse your mouth with a good mouthwash twice a day
– Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for at least 3 days before surgery and for 2 weeks after the treatment; otherwise the healing process will be slower than the standard rate.
– Apply an ice pack externally on the dental implant site, as it reduces inflammation
– You should be follow-up appointments and regular check-ups accordingly.
Hope this article gives you a clear-cut idea on what affects the life expectancy of dental implants and what you can be done to extend the life of your smile! Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth and it can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself and will last for a lifetime.
Take care of your dental implant and keep smiling always!
Dental Implant Melbourne are leading tooth implant specialists. Our highly experienced and skilled surgeons apply only the latest prosthodontics treatments and technology to help you regain the natural beauty of your smile. We go to great lengths to ensure that you are happy with the results of your dental implant treatment, so that you can feel more confident and secure about yourself without feeling conscious about your missing tooth/teeth. Visit http://www.dentalimplantmelbourne.com.auThis author has published 3 articles so far.