Cabling framework in office or home is a basic segment of the entire network. Appropriate arrangements, installation and support of this framework can positively carry an organization’s smooth operations. Network cables are the equipment used to link one network device with other or to connect two or more PCs to share scanner, printer and so on. Distinctive sorts of networking cables like optical fiber link, coaxial link, twisted pair links are utilized relying upon the system’s topology, size and protocol. The devices may be kept at distance of a couple meters by means of Ethernet or far away by means of the interconnections of the Internet. For connecting larger computer networks permanently, network cabling installation is a must that facilitates signals to travel from one node to another.
Which type of network cables can be installed?
There are majorly five types of cables and you should have a clear understanding of the purpose before installing them:
- Twisted pair cabling is a type of wiring, where pairs of wires are twisted together so as to cancel out the interference of electro-magnetic waves that is produced from other wire pairs or outside resources. This type of cable is suitable for home and corporate Ethernet networks.
- Optical fiber cable has a center glass core which is surrounded by many layers of special material for protection. It offers higher bandwidth and can cover longer distances.
- Coaxial cable lines confine the electromagnetic wave inside the cable in between the shield and the conductor and can therefore be twisted up to certain limits without inducing unwanted currents in them. These can be used for transmitting TV signals and high-speed home networking applications.
- Patch cable can be an optical or electrical cable which is used to connect two optical or electronic devices or to create an infrastructure for signal routing. Devices such as a switch connected to a computer or a switch connected to a router can be connected with patch cables.
- Power cables combined with new technologies like ‘Power line communication’ are used to connect peripherals or interconnect home computers or other networking devices.
How to install a network cable in Dubai and UAE?
If you are residing or planning to shift to UAE or looking for network cabling installation for your organization – here is how you go about it:
- Look for the service providers in your area and your requirement.
- Once you have chosen for a service provider, browse about the packages it provides.
- These days, all-in-one packages are in great demand in which you get cabling for internet, television and landline all together, but you are free to choose as per your requirement.
- Apply for the connection, fill in the details and furnish all the documents like Emirates ID Card as the ID proof or UAE Residence Visa.
Once all the formalities are done, the network cable will be installed in no time.
HiThis author has published 1 articles so far.